Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Plan

(Saint Louis, MO)


After four years of working hard and making great memories in DC, I earned my degree and faced the "What next?" - Job? No. More school? No. Instead, I chose:

1. Post-graduation, move back in with mom and dad in STL. Reconnect with family and old friends. Spend as little money as possible.

2. Mid-June, leave from St. Louis on a cross-country road trip with my housemate from AU, Katie Labarre. Take Katie's truck south to Florida through Tennessee and Georgia, then west through the southern states and end in California. Again, spend as little money as possible.

3. August 4th, fly from San Francisco to Mexico City. Spend about 6 weeks volunteering, teaching English classes through an organization called AMEXTRA.

4. Make my way, somehow, to Bogota, Colombia, to intern with Witness for Peace (a US-based NGO that does political/human rights advocacy in/for Latin America) for about two months. Do NOT run out of money.

5. Mid-December, come home in one piece, immediately devote life to paying off debt and re-adjusting, again, to the American midwest.


I made this blog to help me keep in touch with everyone I'm leaving behind, and maybe those I'll encounter. I have no idea what's coming - very little of the plan is set in stone. I kept it that way on purpose.

Katie gets here tomorrow, and the trip begins!

3 comments:

  1. good luck! especially w/ the not spending money part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word, Can't wait to see you in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are crazy.
    If you don't call me constantly, I will hurt you.
    Also, if you get hurt, I will seek revenge. If you don't keep yourself safe for your own sake, at least do it for the people I will hunt down if something were to happen to you. They don't know whats commin to them.
    Lastly, have a rip roarin' time, sis.
    thankyou,goodday.

    ReplyDelete